Service for Assistive Technology:
- Persons of all ages with a vision loss requiring the use of
- Registered at the MAB-Mackay Rehabilitation Centre
Technical Aids Boutique
- Allocation of assistive devices
- Repair and technical support services
- Training with regards to the use of assistive devices is
provided by professionals from the various vision rehabilitation
programs of the MAB-Mackay
- Reading aids: optical aids, digital readers, closed-circuit
televisions (c.c.t.v.), etc.
- Writing aids: braillers, slates and stylus, felt pens, lined
- Mobility aids: white canes, cane tips, sunglasses,
identification tags, etc.
- Adapted computer aids: braille displays, print magnification
software, sight-substitution software, etc.
Services are offered:
To access services:
- Eligibility for the RAMQ funding program for aids and devices
requires that a client have a visual acuity in the better eye after
correction of <20/70 or <6/21, or whose visual field in each
eye is less than 60° in the 180° or 90° meridians after correction
with the appropriate ophthalmic lenses.
- All documents must be sent to Admissions.
clients must meet RAMQ eligibility criteria and be formally
assessed by MMRC staff before Accessing vision aids.
For more information:
Lisa Westaway, Program Manager
Telephone: 514-488-5552, ext. 3040